The meeting went quite well. No untoward incident, no bloodshed, no tears 😀 Alhamdulillah.
During hiatus, The President has met with the Special Officer to the Selangor Mentri Besar asking for
- raise of teachers’ scale to DG34
- raise of teachers’ allowance
He also has asked MPKj
- for additional parking area, and
- for some of the huge trees in/near the school compound to be pruned or cut down. Those huge trees are becoming a threat to the students with falling branches.
The Principal had a simple speech.
- Assessment Test 1 has been completed.
- Tuition classes are progressing well.
- There will the 7th. SRAI JAIS Sports Carnival from 11th until 13th April at the Sekolah Agama Menengah Tinggi Hishamuddin in Kg. Jawa, Klang.
- SRAI BBB Annual Sports Festival will be on 27th. April.
- Amal Islami for the Kajang Zone will on May 3rd. All Amal Islami events shall end sometime in June or July.
- Registration for 2009 Year 1 intake has begun from 1st April until 30th April. In the first week alone, 204 Registration Forms have been sold. The Qualification Test will be on 24th May. The school has allocation for only 200 students.
- A new classroom block has been fully approved for construction by the authorities. Work is supposed to begin on 28 March, but the contractor has asked for about 2 weeks postponement. A heck of a way to start a project. It is a 4-storey building with 5 classrooms and 2 restrooms on each floor. On the 1st. and 3rd floor, the restroom will be teachers. On the 2nd. and 4th. floor, the restrooms will be for students. This expansion will help the school to cater to more students. This construction work also include some renovation to the current Teachers’ Room and some expansion work to the canteen.
- Even with this expansion work, the school still needs the extra restroom building that was requested, so the Principal can close the current restroom at Block A due to its no longer pleasing and appropriate nor strategic location.
- A point was raised by quite a few about seeing teachers selling food. There is a conflict of interest, albeit the good intentions. Perhaps a Cooperative is a better alternative. In the end, the parents preferred the name Badan Kebajikan Guru to be changed to Badan Kebajikan Sekolah. The business should benefit the whole school, not just the teachers. There were justified arguments on both sides.
- On the subject of school locker, there are parents who actually do not wish to have one for their children. They want all the books to be brought home daily for better supervision and revision.
- The proposed new restroom building is pretty much finalized, except for the almost 25% increase in the budget. The parents have no qualm about it as it seems to be a reasonable amount, and it should solve the mounting toilet problems. Construction should start soon.
- A Charity Run is being proposed for Fund Raising purposes. Parents with good set of knees are also welcome to join the run.
- The school website is still not running. The pro-active Dr. Malina Osman created a Blogger Page on the spot: http://sraibbb.blogspot.com/ Congratulation Dr. Malina.
- The Education & Religion Bureau propose a very good program to help some of the weaker Year Five students in order to prepare them for Year Six.
- Even though the intake to SRAI include an assessment test, it is a sad fact there are a few Year 1 students who still can’t read! Usually these are those whose parents went to higher authorities in order to get their children into the school.
A caution to the wind: Teachers, whatever they do, are doing their best for the students. Hence, from now on, I’ll only ask in my own blog.